Lacamas Lake Park - Mountain Biking

Date: June 17, 2009
Distance: 4 miles or so
Elevation Gain: 200 ft
Time: 1.25 hours
Difficulty: Moderate (I would have called it an easy hike, but on a bike it was not easy for me!)
Weather: 70 and cloudy.
Maps: Park Map
My Route:
No real route or plan, we just explored the park
Notes:
I pretty much did this same trip last week, and intend to bike here regularly. I won't bore anyone with repeat posts about it again unless something interesting happens. I will repeat that Lacamas Lake park is just beautiful! Again it was surprisingly not crowded at all. I found a brochure at the trail head that plans out a short self-guided walking tour around the lake with info at various spots about the lake and plant life and such. That would make a fun easy hike.

On a personal note, I'm definitely seeing improvement in my mountain biking skills already! It just takes confidence to try scary things and balance and that comes with experience. Now my endurance, there is where I really need to improve!
Trail Head:

View PDX Day Hiker in a larger map Bathrooms and water at the trail head.
What I said about these trails before: Lacamas Lake Park
Other resources for this and other nearby hikes:
Clark County Parks and Recreation
Portland Hikers
Camas City Parks
100 Hikes in Northwest Oregon (100 Hikes) Hike #11
Afoot & Afield Portland/Vancouver: A Comprehensive Hiking Guide Trip #5

Overall: ★★

Have you been on this or a nearby trail? Please share your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment