Best of 2009

PDX Day Hiker's top 5 hiking related things of 2009

5. Best no-planning required destination: Forest Park. Portland has it all, doesn't it? Near the top of my favorite things about Portland list is Forest Park. Grab the Forest Park map set and go. Perfect choice for a last minute or after work hike. In 2009, as park of hike-a-thon I found I needed a quick destination for hiking. Forest Park provided.

4. Inspiration: Classic Hikes of the World. Inspired many a day-dream and likely some big trips in coming years.

3. New way to see the trails: Mountain Biking. 2009 was the year I finally really tried mountain biking. And I love it, maybe even more than hiking. Look for more biking in 2010.

2. Event: WTA's hike-a-thon. I hiked 40 miles in August-despite never finding time for anything longer than 8 miles-and raised a bit of money for Washington Trails Association.

1. Hike: Silverstar mountain, south loop. Seriously one of my favorite hikes ever. I'm still gushing about it and can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment