Trail Closures


Have you ever driven all the way to a trail head, (or most of the way) only to find out it's closed?

That's happened to me more than I'd like to admit! This coming weekend would have been another case had I not been on the Washington DNR website looking for a map.

I've started to compile a list of sites to check for trail closures. I'll continue to add to this list.

Washington:
Washington Department of Natural Resources Trail Closures (includes state forests)
Washington State Parks
Mount St Helens/Gifford Pinchot National Forest Roads
Mount St Helens/Gifford Pinchot National Forest Trails

Washington/Oregon

Columbia River Gorge Trails

Oregon

Mount Hood National Forest Roads
Mount Hood national Forest Trails (Trails are listed by ranger district, links in upper right of the page)
Oregon State Park Closures

Tillamook State Forest Road Closures

If you have any more information or links, please leave them in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, but I agree it's a lot of work. Had some things to say about the closure issue, though, I had quite a lot of encounters with that in the NW and it always sucked. Bridges that washed out and weren't repaired for years, roads closed three miles from the trailhead (that resulted in one of the most painful hikes I ever took out there). Lots of important things on maps and in guide books that aren't there any more, like rafts you need for getting across lakes and cable cars for getting across rivers. Things change really quickly, I probably hiked and camped in what are now subdivisions and clearcuts. Always pays to check with somebody local first.

    ReplyDelete